Friday, November 29, 2019

A story in three pictures

Last Thursday I got a phone call from my eldest daughter Cristina in Virginia telling me she had sent me a package with my birthday gift. I overlooked the fact it was November and not September cause she did travel overseas and may have brought back something from the trip. She had been tracking the package and it appeared delivered according to the USPS. She still insisted to call her when I got the package. As I left work and drove home I went directly to the mailbox and found a key to the larger mailbox and tried to open it up to no avail, I decided to leave a note to the postman about the key not opening and called my daughter to inform her what happened.

On Saturday morning I went to the mailbox once again and did try one more time to open it but once again no success I proceeded to do my Saturday chores at church and home and came back home around 2:30PM and got a phone call from Cristina again asking if I had gotten the package. As I stood up and told her that I would walk to the mailbox to check it, I opened the door and the package was there, that meant the postman had delivered it knowing that the issue was that the box was as big as the mailbox and that is why it didn’t open.

I still had Cristina ob line and proceeded to open it and there was a message inside do not open or unwrap until you call me. So as she was still on line I opened the package and found a toy stuffed animal a dog. And she told me that since we had lost our dog had died in February and I had said that I would never have a dog again since all my dogs have last 16 or 17 years and could not bear to go through this again

So I thanked her and laughed since now I had a dog that didn’t bark, eat, needed to go out to potty a perfect dog. But Cristina insisted to do one more thing.... to touch its paw. And I did, that and heard:  “Hi Abo I can’t wait to meet you in April “....

Didn’t get it at first but then I got it my first grandchild.

She told me it was 18 weeks and that the conception was during a trip to Portugal and tracking the time it could have been during her visit to Fatima  where she had prayed to the Virgin Mary for a child. So take it as it is an act of faith or just the right time


No comments:

Post a Comment